Internship with Intel's Mechanical Core Competency laboratory located in Hillsboro, Oregon. You will be responsible for developing metrologies and mechanical testing of materials and components to support new packaging technologies. You will proactively use available resources to research and to conduct experiments. Regular documentation and presentation of results and progress are expected. Routine work includes formulating sound experiment or test strategies, troubleshooting metrologies and methodologies, designing and integrating appropriate hardware/software, and documenting/presenting results.
Additional responsibilities include applying and utilizing existing metrologies to new problems and developing new custom metrologies or testing apparatus for situations where commercial tools do not exist.
You are expected to observe all safety procedures and ISO requirements.
The ideal candidate should exhibit the following behavioral traits:
- Self-motivation and pro-activeness to overcome challenges.
- Self-accountability to manage and maintain quality of work.
- High degree of intellectual curiosity and willingness to attempt new solutions.
- Diligence in documenting work and results.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Experience listed below would be obtained through a combination of your school work/classes/research and/or relevant previous job and/or internship experiences.
- Be pursuing a bachelor in Materials Science/Engineering or Mechanical Engineering.
- Knowledge of materials science and mechanical testing practices and principles, including tensile testing, three- and four-point bend testing, and indentation testing.
- Minimum of 3 months hands-on experience with mechanical testing instruments MTS or Instron and fixture development for mechanical testing. Independent work preferred.
- This U.S. position is open to U.S. Workers Only. A U.S. Worker is someone who is either a U.S. Citizen, U.S. National, U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident, or a person granted Refugee or Asylum status by the U.S. Government. Intel will not sponsor a foreign national for this position.
- 1+ year hands on experience with mechanical testing.
- Knowledge in use of force, displacement, pressure, and strain transducers.
- Knowledge in use of hydraulic, pneumatic, mechanical, electrical, and piezoelectric actuators.
- Experience in design and creation of test fixtures. Proficiency in Solidworks.
- Experience with metrology equipment development and integration.
- Knowledge of statistical concepts and design of experiment concepts.
- Knowledge of Matlab / LabView programming.
As the world's largest chip manufacturer, Intel strives to make every facet of semiconductor manufacturing state-of-the-art -- from semiconductor process development and manufacturing, through yield improvement to packaging, final test and optimization, and world class Supply Chain and facilities support. Employees in the Technology and Manufacturing Group are part of a worldwide network of design, development, manufacturing, and assembly/test facilities, all focused on utilizing the power of Moore’s Law to bring smart, connected devices to every person on Earth
Posting Statement. Intel prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
Click here for more info: http://jobs.intel.com/ShowJob/Id/1444656/Mechanical-testing-intern/
• Post ID: 25213827 portland